The words that proceed from the mouth of God, either through the Prophets or the Apostles, or the Holy Fathers who were well-pleasing to God throughout the centuries, cannot but make known the attributes of the Living Lord. They reveal His almighty power, the majesty of His holiness, His wisdom, and above all, the greater love of the Son of Love, Who, ‘while we were yet sinners, died for us’. The word of the Lord portrays our archetype who is the Son and Word of God, in Whose image we were created in the beginning.
Νot only does the energy of the word of the Lord portray the archetype and reveal the pre-eternal Council of God concerning man, but it also exposes the pitiful distortion of man after the fall. Man finds his truth not in comparing himself with other mortals, but in his presentation before the Lord Who speaks in his heart…
Who is he, however, who will hear the voice of Christ, the Word Giver, who will see His form, and will not be changed and will not repent or alter his path?
Who is he who will taste of the words of the Almighty Jesus and not burn until the end with gratitude?
Who is he to whom the Lord will entrust the words of His Father, and who will not love Him until the end, even unto self-hatred?
2. The Despondency of the World and the Zeal of the Children of God
3. Becoming a Dwelling Place for the Holy Spirit through the Mysteries of the Church
4. The Hard Sayings of Saint Silouan and Elder Sophrony
5. Basic Aspects of the Spiritual Life
6. The Twofold Vision of the Spiritual Life
2. Divine Worship
3. Imparting Love for Divine Worship to Young People
4. The Zeal of Divine Worship
5. The Transformation of Shame into Power against the Passions through the Mystery of Repentance and Confession
6. From Thanksgiving to Repentance
7. Celebration and Experience of the Divine Liturgy
2. Prophetic Life and Authenticity in the Church
3. Thanksgiving and Gratitude
4. Divine Inspiration
2. Christian Asceticism
3. Living ‘Outside the Camp of the World’
4. Spiritual Humility
5. The Monastery as a Place of God’s Good Pleasure
6. The Spirit of Cenobitic Life
7. The Mystery of Hesychia
2. The Paradoxical Character of the Gospel
3. Overturning the Pyramid of the Created World Beatitudes
4. The Noble Science of Saint Silouan and Elder Sophrony
5. The Cross of Christ: Justification of God and Man
Index of Biblical References